Thursday, July 10, 2014

Hello, and about me

A warm welcome to my blog, wherever you are located. This blog was created to educate the public about the work of BC Notaries, and to provide resources for those looking for legal assistance.

This information on this blog is strictly related to British Columbia only. Your province, state or jurisdiction's notary public may have different legal authorities than those of a BC Notary Public.

About me:
My name is Stephen, and I am a Notary Public in the Province of British Columbia. I was recently commissioned by the Supreme Court of BC, after a two year selection and education process. 

This blog was a direct result of my discussion with the general public about my profession. While some are very familiar with the work of a Notary Public in BC, others have never heard of us. It is my wish that, through the various Q&As I post, I would have given you some sense as to what we do on a daily basis. More importantly, for those of you who are seeking information about referrals or resources, I have also created a list that could direct you to where you need to go.

If you do come across information that are out-dated or inaccurate, I would love to hear from you. Please note I will not tolerate racist, threatening or insulting languages.  

Please note any comments or views expressed are not of those of the Society of Notaries Public of British Columbia, nor are they the views of my employer. They are strictly my own views.

This blog is for information only, and is not legal advice or substitution for legal representation. Do not use or otherwise rely upon any of the content without first seeking independent legal advice. The author expressly disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all the contents on this blog.

1 comment:

  1. I am continually amazed by the amount of information available on this subject. What you presented was well researched and well worded in order to get your stand on this across to all your readers. notarie

    ReplyDelete